How to eat vegan at Universal Orlando
If you’re looking for vegan options at Universal Orlando, you’re in luck. There are quite a few vegan food options at Universal. Here at Florida Travel with Kids, two of us are mostly vegan, one vegetarian, and one sometimes vegetarian, so we’re always looking for great vegan treats.
Universal is adding new vegan options regularly, so check back or let me know in the comments if you have a favorite that didn’t make the list. I find that some of the best vegan options at Universal are seasonal, so don’t miss the food at Mardi Gras, Christmas, or even Halloween Horror Nights for some incredible vegan finds.
If you’re visiting Universal for the first time, make sure to check out First Timer Tips for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. When you’re done here, don’t miss our 2023 Universal Orlando Planning Guide.
You’ll definitely need a rental car if you’re flying into Orlando. I recommend renting a car from Discount USA Car Rental. Whenever I need to rent a car, I use Discount USA Car Rental, whether I fly into MCO, SFB, or even Tampa. They have the best prices, and you don’t have to pay until you pick it up!
Vegan food at Universal
If you’re planning on finding vegan food at Universal, it’s best to plan ahead. For your convenience, I have noted the restaurant locations using:
- US (Universal Studios)
- IOA (Islands of Adventure)
I have another post about eating gluten-free at Universal Orlando, which is also getting easier to do. Now, imagine trying to eat gluten-free and vegan at Universal; that is a lot more complicated!
Fortunately, there are plenty of vegan choices at Universal, from quick service to fine dining.
If you don’t have your Universal tickets yet, I recommend purchasing tickets through Undercover Tourist.
Vegan options at Universal – The Beyond Burger
There are several locations at Universal Orlando that offer beyond burgers. You have quite a few options if you want typical park fares – like a burger and fries. The Beyond Burgers are served with Follow Your Heart cheese and veganaise.
If you’ve never tried Beyond Burgers, Follow your Heart Cheese, or Veganaise, you’re in for a surprise! They’re surprisingly close to the “real thing” while being animal product-free.
Here’s where to find the Beyond Burger at Universal Orlando:
- Wimpy’s (IOA)
- Richters Burger Co. (US)
- Mel’s Drive-In (US)
- Captain American’s Diner (IOA)
The Burger Digs (IOA) also has a vegan burger, but it is not the Beyond Burger. The Burgers digs vegan burger is made out of brown rice and mushroom.
The Ultimate Vegan Burger at Wimpy’s.
Vegan Chik’n Sandwich’s at Universal Orlando
If you’re in the mood for some vegan chik’n, you have options in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. You can find this delicious chik’n sandwich at:
- Mel’s Drive-In (US)
- The Burger Digs (IOA)
Vegan at Universal Orlando – Jackfruit options
Jackfruit, the meat sub that is actually a fruit! If you haven’t tried jackfruit, it is similar to pulled pork. Just a healthier version! You can find jackfruit at Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios.
- Mummy Cafe BBQ jackfruit. (US)
- Thunder Falls Terrace jackfruit bowl. (IOA) This one is also gluten-free!
More vegan options at Universal Orlando
- Mythos (IOA) offers vegan pad thai or risotto. Make sure to request that either option is prepared vegan because they have non-vegan options as well. Both can also be made gluten-free.
- Finnegan’s (US) is now offering a vegan Shephards Pie made with Beyond Burger.
- Lombard’s (US) has a Beyond Burger penne Genovese.
- Confisco’s (US) Pad Thai is naturally vegan. Confisco’s is currently offering a cauliflower steak for pass holder appreciation that is vegan and gluten-free, but it’s not on the menu.
- The rice and bean bowl at Thunder Falls Terrance (IOA) and most sides are vegan and gluten-free.
- The new Central Park Crepes (US) has offered both a savory vegan option with vegan sausage and cheese and a vegan chik’n option. Kainan prefers the chik’n option but says both are good. All of the crepes are vegetarian.
- Desert Kabob House in the Lost Continent offers a vegetarian kabob and other vegan options such as hummus.
Mythos has won awards for best theme park food and has multiple vegan options!
Vegan options at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Sadly, most of the food at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is not naturally vegan. You will have to get creative and speak to a chef to enjoy a vegan meal at the Three Broomsticks or The Leaky Cauldron.
Your vegan meals will consist of beans, veggies, and salad, which, let’s be honest, is probably not worth the price.
Grab a pumpkin juice at the Fountain of Faire Fortune or the Hopping Pot in Diagon Alley. It’s a bit cheaper than buying plastic bottles from the carts.
Vegan drinks in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Sadly, Butterbeer is not vegan, and it cannot be ordered without the topping. The topping contains dairy, but it can’t be ordered without as it is a trademarked drink.
However, Pumpkin juice is vegan. I’ve seen others offer that “Gilly Water” is vegan but come on, it’s just regular bottled water. 😉
Let’s please not tout that as a vegan option. I’ve heard that Fishy Green Ale is vegan, and I’ve heard it contains dairy, so make sure to ask because I have personally received conflicting answers and choose to avoid it.
Some of the candy offered in Honeyduke’s is vegan, such as lemon drops, rock candy, and sugar quills. The boxes do have ingredients and allergy info, so it’s easy to see what is vegan.
There are plenty of vegan treats at Honeydukes!
When in doubt, ask the kind witches and wizards who work at Honeydukes; they’ll be happy to help you find the nutrition facts!
Although the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is my favorite area of the parks, there are few vegan Wizarding World of Harry Potter options. I recommend hanging out in the Wizarding World and then going elsewhere in Universal for your meals.
However, in 2022 there is a brand new vegan option in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Found at Magic Neep Cart in Hogsmeade, you can order a vegan shepherd’s pasty pie
Vegan snacks at Universal
There are a surprising number of quick and easy vegan snacks at Universal, including:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels without butter.
- Dip n dots rainbow ice or strawberry ice.
- Ben and Jerry’s non-dairy options.
- Fruit at grab-and-go stands.
Volcano Bay, Universal Orlando’s water park, also has vegan options and some vegan snacks. Check out 15 Amazing Volcano Bay Tips to learn more about the water park.
Don’t miss the Best Instagram Spots at Universal Orlando.
Vegan Treats at Universal
During Christmas, Universal unveiled a vegan brownie and the other treats at the Holiday Tribute Store. I hope that Universal continues to offer vegan seasonal treats in the future.
Fingers crossed for vegan hot chocolate for The Holidays in 2022. 🤞 Pleeeeeease, Universal.
By the way, Starbucks hot chocolate is vegan, and there are several locations within Universal Orlando if you want hot chocolate.
Just make sure to order it with almond, coconut, or soy milk. The “chocolate” is Starbucks mocha syrup which is vegan!
The vegan reindeer brownie was available during Christmas 2020 at Universal. It was almost too cute to eat. Almost.
Vegan options for Mardi Gras at Universal
Every year Universal Offers more vegan options for Mardi Gras! In my opinion, both 2021 and 2022 Mardi Gras offered great vegan snacks, although 2021 was a bit better.
You can check out my post about Mardi Gras at Universal to learn more.
We enjoyed this jerk jackfruit bowl from the Bahamas booth on more than one occasion.
Vegan options at City Walk
City Walk has plenty of restaurants offering many vegan options. There are too many to list, but vegan options in City Walk include:
- Antojitos with many vegan options such as fajitas and quesadillas.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill is popular with vegans as you choose what goes into your bowl or wrap. They also have the popular vegan staple, tofu!
- Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville also has the Beyond Burger.
- Voodoo donuts offer several vegan donut options.
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen offer a vegan milkshake made with soy milk. It’s not on the menu, so you have to ask for it.
- Blaze Pizza has vegan pizza options.
- Big Fire American Grill offers cauliflower steak along with some sides.
- Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom has many gluten-free and vegan sides.
- Menchie’s Frozen yogurt offers coconut, almond ice cream, and sorbet. Options vary.
Vegan at Universal
I hope this guide on eating vegan at Universal helps you plan for your upcoming trip. As you can tell, there are quite a few vegan options at Universal Orlando.
The list is growing every day, so I will add it to this list as I learn more. If your favorite vegan option isn’t mentioned, let me know in the comments!
As I mentioned earlier, I highly recommend buying your tickets through Undercover Tourist! There are many scammy sites, so make sure you’re booking through an approved partner (like Undercover Tourist.)
I also recommend staying at a Universal Resort. Check out the links below for pricing during your dates:
- Hard Rock Hotel
- Loews Portofino Bay
- Loews Royal Pacific
- Aventura Hotel
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Universal Endless Summer Resorts – Dockside Inn and Suites and Seaside Inn and Suites.
We also have a post about Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas Review near Universal and Disney if your family needs a larger place to stay. I also have tours for every single Universal resort on YouTube.
About Florida Travel With Kids
Florida Travel with Kids was started by a family who loves to travel the state of Florida with kids! This site will help you explore the fun state of Florida and all of the kid-friendly activities you’ll find here.
Did you enjoy this post? I would love it if you pinned it for later! Or, make sure to share it with your friends on social media if they are looking for things to do in Florida with kids.